Remember this is Wales; and it can get cold at night even in Summer, so bring plenty of warm clothing. This is a basic clothing list, but please do not bring your £300 brand new Goretex Jacket, or any other expensive gear as it may get damaged or dirty. Bargains can be had in Army Surplus stores and Charity shops.
- 1 waterproof/ windproof Coat or Jacket with Hood.
- 1 pair of waterproof Trousers.
- 2 pairs thick warm Socks.
- 2 pairs thin Socks.
- 1 wool/fleece Hat.
- 1 fleece Jacket or warm wool Pullover.
- 1 long sleeve top/ sweatshirt/or shirt.
- 2 x Tee shirts/or thermal tops.
- 1 pair long trousers ( not Jeans ) Army Combats are perfect.
- 1 pair hiking boots, Wellington's or strong shoes. ( not trainers ).
- Spare underwear.
- 1 pair warm Gloves or Mitts.
You should also bring a full change of clothing for the Journey home.