Scout association Badge Course
This course has been especially designed to incorporate all the requirements for the Scout association Survival Badge. During this course you will learn and demonstrate all the skills necessary for the Survival Skills Badge, and more. You will build a shelter from natural materials which you will sleep in.
Cook several meals over a Fire without using utensils or aluminium foil, prepare wild foods, First aid, Fire lighting including the Bow Drill method, Navigation by Day or Night without a Compass, Using a Knife Axe and Saw safely, Signalling, and many other skills.
We will be based at the Parc-le-Breos Scout Campsite, which has all the necessary facilities for fixed Camps, as well as being surrounded by Woodland Perfect for the practice of Survival Skills. This course can be incorporated into your Annual Summer Camp, special package price available.
- How to prevent and treat the effects of extreme heat (Sunstroke and dehydration and cold (hypothermia).
- The first aid treatment for external bleeding and shock, the correct method of applying mouth to mouth resuscitation and the dangers involved in moving injured people.
- How to construct different kinds of shelter.
- How to build several different types of fire and the burning qualities of different woods. Includes fire by friction
- The correct use of the international distress signal, using devices such as whistle, torch and mirror.
- Rescue techniques, for example air and sea rescue.
- Edible plants, or fruit, or both.
- Suitable methods of obtaining, filtering, and purifying water.